Our Commitment to an
Extraordinary Patient Experience
Our goal is to exceed our patients' expectations for each of the more than two thousand surgeries and procedures performed each day in SCA facilities.
Our commitment to putting clinical first has driven us to:
- help create and immediately adopt clinical outcome metrics endorsed by the National Quality Forum,
- invest in the development of clinical checklists and toolkits for our facilities,
- develop a proprietary clinical training system for our teammates,
- develop regional and national Quality Councils to promote the sharing of best practices across our facilities, and
- invest in hundreds of hours of training for our clinical leaders.
SCA facilities optimize our patients' experience. Our surgery centers and surgical hospitals offer patients easy scheduling, convenient access, short wait times, and billing transparency. More than 95% of our patients would recommend SCA's facilities to a friend or colleague, and many patients specifically cite the distinctive friendliness and efficiency of our teammates.
On average, our patients pay approximately 40% less than they would if they had the identical procedure performed at a hospital. These savings are reflected in patients' co-pays and co-insurance. The lower cost of care in our facilities also helps lower total healthcare insurance premiums.